Lays Al Ghareeb - Mishary Rashid Alafasy

Lays Al Ghareeb by Mishary Rashid Alafasy. Thoughts of a grieving sinful slave.




Translation

Let me grief my soul and weep. Let me live a life full of sorrow. Leave me alone if you knew what my problem is you certainly would have excused me. Let my tears pour to infinity, this might make me feel better. Can't you see I am lying down and my family around me and hands are turning me around? Can't you see how my friends and family are surrounding me crying weeping and moaning. They have got a Doctor to treat me and I don't see that medicine will be any use to me this day. And my illness got worse and death started extracting my soul, extracting it from every vain in my body. And death took my soul and as my soul departure my throat got full of bitterness. They closed my eyes and left to buy me a coffin. And the best of my friends went in a hurry to find a washer to wash me (Islamic death ritual). And a man from them came and striped my clothes off and laid me on a board. And I heard the noise of the water running over me. He washed me and called the crowd for the coffin. And they dressed me up with sleeveless clothes. And my haversack was empty (simile). And they sent me away from this world, Oh how regretful do I feel not filling my haversack with supplies to help me reach my destination (good deeds). And four men carried me on there shoulders and behind me was a crowd grieving. They put me in front of them and they went behind the Imam to pray, they prayed a prayer with no kneeling or postures, may God forgive me. And they cautiously placed me in my tomb, And my friend came out of the crowd upon me, he exposed my face to take a last look and his tears drowned me. He then stepped back firmly got the spade and buried me. And he called for help and said seek God's reward and help me burry him. In the darkness of the grave there is no mother that cares or a kind father, there is no brother to share my feelings with. And the angels came questioning me about my life what I did and what I achieved, I was terrified of the whole situations. Oh God I have no one else but you left Oh god rescue me I am a hostage of sin, you are my hope bless me with forgiveness. My family and friends left me alone! They went to share my heritage. My wife replaced me with a new husband. Don't let this world impress you with its beauties. Feel satisfied with what you got in this world. Oh the planter of goodness you will not harvest but goodness. Oh planter of wickedness you will not harvest but wickedness. Oh people repent to your lord and stop sinning. And praise be to God and peace be upon his prophet Mohammad.

No comments: