Eight Things for a Beautiful Life!

This is actually not a work of mine. I got this via an email.It has good lessons to take in to our life. I thought to put it in my blog so that I hope the whole world would benefit from this story.


One time a scholar asked one of his students, "You have spent a long time with me, what have you learned?"

He said I learned eight things:

·                     First, I looked to the creation. Everyone has a loved one. When he goes to the grave, he leaves his loved one. 

Therefore, I made my loved one my good deeds; that way, they will be with me in the grave.

·                    Second, I looked to the verse, 
"But as for him who feared to stand before his Lord and restrained his soul from lust," 
therefore, I struggled against my desires so I could stay obeying Allah.

·                     Third, I saw that if anyone has something with him that is worth something, he will protect it. Then I thought about the verse,

” That which you have is wasted away; and that which is with Allah remains," 

therefore, everything worth something with me I devoted to Him so it would be with Him for me.

                     Fourth, I saw the people seeking wealth, honor and positions and it was not worth anything to me. Then I thought about Allah's words,
"Lo, the noblest of you in the sight of Allah is the most aware of Allah,  

so I did my best to become aware of Allah in order to gain nobility in his sight.

·                     Fifth, I saw the people being jealous towards each other and I looked at the verse,
 
"We have apportioned among them their livelihood in the life of the world",
so I left jealousy.

·                     Sixth, I saw the people having enmity and I thought about the verse,

"Lo, the devil is an enemy for you, so take him as an enemy", 

so I left enmity and I took the Satan as my only enemy.

·                     Seventh, I saw them debasing themselves in search of sustenance and I thought about the verse,

"And there is not a beast in the earth but the sustenance thereof depends on Allah", 

so I kept myself busy with my responsibilities toward Him and I left my property with Him.

·                     Eighth, I found them relying on their business, buildings and health and I thought about the verse,

"And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, He will suffice him", 

therefore, I put my trust only on Allah.

No comments: